Raising worms is pretty easy to do in San Luis Obispo. There are a couple of concepts to understand when raising worms.
1. Worms like a steady temperature when you are raising them.
2. When raising worms you must feed the worms the proper proportion of food. They do not like too much citrus type foods.
3. Since worms do not have teeth you need to give them some grit. (eggshells, or check out our Products)
4. Only 3 worms compost. We have one of them called a Red Wiggler. (we have Worms for sale in San Luis Obispo
5. Do not feed them meat, fish, grease dairy, branches, cat and dog poop.
6. Feed them what you would feed your compost and throw in some
Remember raising worms can be beneficial in many ways take a look at our Products and it may give you an idea or have us send you a professional inexpensive kit today! Good luck!
Can-O-Worms (Without Composting Worms)
10 lb. Pail of 100% Pure Wonder Worm Castings
25 lb Bag Wonder Worm/Manure Plus (80% Manure/20% Worm Castings)
Can-O-Worms (With 2lbs of Worms, 7lbs Feed Supply & DVD)